FIRST LEGO® League (FLL) 2015-16 Season!!
Congratulations to Celsius’ FIRST Robotics League teamThe Tiny Leprechauns for winning first place in the 2015 State Championship competition!
Registration for the 2015-16 season is now open!
What the Olympics are for sports and the Nobel Prize is to science, FIRST Lego Robotics is to kid’s engineering. Take part this Fall in the most prestigious robotics competition for youth in the world by joining the Celsius and Beyond’s award winning team.
You will learn about project management, computer programming, robotics design, analytic thinking, problem solving, research skills, long term projects, open-ended tasks and best of all - working as a team.
Teams are limited to no more than 8 participants so please register early. Nathan will be the project manager/organizer and Jae will be the mentor of the team this year. Jae has been involved with FIRST Robotics for over 10 years.
- Pre-requisite: previous attendance of a Celsius’ Mindstorm Beginners or Mindstorm Advanced summer camp – OR - ability to program a NXT robot to move forwards, backwards, turn as well as programming switches and doing loops.
Register Here by downloading the registration form and filling it out. There is no online registration for FLL teams.
Meeting time: Sundays 1pm-5pm - The Tiny Leprechauns
September 6,13,20, 27
October 4,11,18, 25
November 1, 8
Week before competition: 2 hours daily (afternoon / early evening)
Competition Day: 8am to 5pm in mid November (exact date TBD)
Students are encouraged to attend all sessions.
The Regional Competition in mid-November will be held in the Bay Area [15 to 60 minute drive]. The State Championship (if applicable) in February will also be held in the Bay Area. The International competition (if applicable) is usually held in St. Louis in April.
FIRST (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology) is an organization helping young people discover and develop a passion for science. FIRST was founded 20 years ago by MIT scientists and last year attracted 200,000 students from 51 countries. See for yourself!
BEST ROBOTICS CAMPS IN SAN FRANCISCO
- $980 participation fee plus a $55 materials and registration fee.
- Upfront payment of $1,035 or $360 per month in 3 equal monthly installments with the first payment upon initial registration. Second payment on September 15th and final payment by October 1st.
- Fee excludes transportation to competitions and refundable LEGO sorting fee.
- No refunds for any reason unless the program is cancelled by Celsius and Beyond.
If a team move forward to the State Championship competition, an additional fee of $575 will be required. Fee will cover 6 meetings during the months of January and February.